Good Evening Saints and Friends,
This month in prayer ministry I’d like to discuss a Time of Harvest. The harvest is the time when you reap what you sow, and when you gather crops that are ripe. But harvest is rich with Christian meaning, also. This month we will explore versus which describe harvesting and how we can achieve a spiritual harvest. I ask that you all participate in the weekly prayer by reciting the prayer at the bottom of the page each day throughout this week.
Week of September 2nd through September 8th
Here are seven Bible verses about harvest:
1. As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease (Genesis 8:22).
2. The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest (Psalm 85:12).
3. [But] those who harvest it will eat it and praise the Lord, and those who gather the grapes will drink it in the courts of my sanctuary (Isaiah 62:9).
4. Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few’ (Matthew 9:37).
5. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come (Mark 4:29).
6. At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants so they would give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed (Luke 20:10).
7. Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together (John 4:36).